He has also presented (Greek premieres) and recorded, original works of composers of the 20th & 21st century, (A. Khachaturian “Sonata for Piano”, J. Mitchel “7 colors”, G. Arkomanis “Rainy night” & “Confessions”). He has collaborated with many composers musicians, singers, conductors and has created several ensembles such us piano duos, the “Tritono” trio (pno, vln, vch), jazz quartet, lied vocal duos etc.
He is a keen researcher of the rare piano repertoire of earlier times. In 2016 he published the album – CD “A pianist goes to the Opera” with rare -almost lost- transcriptions of famous operas for solo piano, by pianist-composers of the 19th century (Sydney Smith, Joachim Raff etc.).
Since 1998, apart of been classical pianist, he is also working as a cocktail pianist and accompanist/correpetiteur in opera & lieder productions (Cimarosa “Il Matrimonio Segreto”, Mozart “Così fan tutte”, Orff “Carmina Burana”, Schubert “Winterreise”, Liszt & Mahler lieder). From 2011 to 2020 he was part of juries in piano and composition National and International Competitions.
As an accordionist, he has performed in several venues in Greece for many years. He is a well-known worldwide arranger. His arrangements for solo accordion -and not only- comes from a wide spectrum of musical genres, from classical music to contemporary works of the 21st century. His arrangements are available in major sheet music e-shops. In 2022 he published the album “Classics & rarities: Dimitris Anousis solo accordion”, a collection of famous and favorite classics as well as rarities in his own new amazing arrangements for solo accordion.
As an artistic director – manager (2012 – 2020) of AN ART ARTISTRY, he has organized over 250 artistic events (concerts, recitals, seminars, conferences, recordings, art exhibitions, books and CD presentations, operas, national musicological conference etc.), invited artists – teachers from Greece, Bulgaria, Austria, Russia, U.S.A., organized first national and international performances of new musical works, founded and organized International Composition Competitions for guitar and piano nusic (2014 – 2020), organized – grant concerts for prominent young musicians under the events cycle “AN ART ARTISTRY raising artists”, established monetary donations to public welfare – charitable purposes, organized more than 50 concerts – recitals with free admission, awarded with the “GINA BACHAUER 2014” award, as a cultural entity in Athens, by the “Gina Bachauer International Music Association”, for the quality and originality of his many actions and activities.
He teaches piano & music theoretics in conservatories, workshops, masterclasses, festivals etc. He is faculty/piano accompanist at the Deree – The American College of Greece from 2018 to this day.
- “GINA BACHAUER 2014” award, for his work as director/manager of ΑΝ ΑRT ARTISTRY, by the “Gina Bachauer International Music Association”, for the quality and originality of his many actions and activities.
- Third prize in the 1st national composition competition for choral music for his work “Christmas” (Municipal Conservatory of Katerini, 11/2008).
- First prize in the 19th National Piano Competition (H.O.N. – category for qualified pianists, 2004).
- First prize in the 9th National Choir Competition (H.ON 5/1999).
- Award of outstanding performance and diligence (Vasilis Kontogiannis accordion class, 1993).
- Certificate of participation as a pianist at the “Symposium 2018” of the Deree – The American College of Greece (6/6/2018).
- Honorary diploma of “member Emeritus”, for his the support, cooperation and active role as part of juries in piano and composition National competitions of H.O.N. (Young Choir & Orchestra, 2/5/2014).
- One year scholarship for piano courses (Conservatory Tigkerman, 2004).
- Honorary Distinction for participation in a concert (Conservatory Mary Kontogianni 1998).
- One year scholarship for piano – accordion courses (Vasilis Kontogiannis accordion class, 1993).
- Reference to the book “The art of teacher pianist” by Maria Michalopoulou (editions “Kalitexnimata”), in the section on Greek piano school (pages 103 – 104).
- Official report – reference on the World Social Forum “Dialogue of Civilizations” (Rhodes Forum 2009 – Cultural panel, about his compositions).